By the Food and Agriculture Organization
A way of life at risk
Building on what works
- Using mobile technology to improve communities' access to weather forecasts and information on vegetation cover, so they can take their animals to where there is forage.
- Scaling up cash for work opportunities that improve rural infrastructure while offering social safety nets.
- Ensuring not only that early warning and response mechanisms are in place, but that they are triggering early reactions.
- Providing various forms of direct support to pastoralists, especially in the area of animal health.
- Supporting the diversification of livelihoods and accumulation of assets by pastoralists.
For more go to www.fao.org
Follow FAO on Twitter